Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Today we went on a retreat. We were supposed to hear God today. Mat was able to hear what he wanted to hear. He was searching for clarity on issues surrounding where it is that he is supposed to used by God. His conflict was with wether he wanted to be used in a corporate Church setting or not. From what I gathered there was conflict internally because he did not want that. But while walking he was given guidance from God and he realized that God would use him wherever he is.
Kate did not feel that she got much out of this retreat, except that she had a further revalation into her struggles as a Christian. At first she felt that the retreat was too forced, but I believe that she did get something out of it.
I did not get much of a chance to talk to Ben or Joanna when they got back but I would say that they atleast enjoyed themselves because of how long they were wandering around.
Myself (John Jonathan), I felt that I was going to get a lot out of this; however all I recieved was guilty feelings about the lust that I struggle with on a daily basis. I chose to remain silent for the whole day. The thing that I found weird is that it was easier to stay silent when everyone else was talking. When they were quiet also, it was more difficult.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting, Jon.

    Perhaps more happened inside you than you realize.

    I look forward to hearing more from you.

    ReplyDelete