Friday, March 27, 2009

Its not the end........its just the beginning!!

This, apparently, was the last week that our small groups are meeting.  All were present today.
We had a lively discussion, of course;), about mentoring.  The thoughts and ideas flowed.  Sometimes they clashed, sometimes they meshed, but I feel that everyone was heard and felt secure enough in our group to express opinions that would, in the larger classroom setting, go unvoiced.  
I'm not really going to dwell on the mentoring issue today though, even though Mr. Martin and Jason did an excellent job presenting their ideas to the class.  Instead I would like to focus on the small group idea.
Thank-you Jason for implementing the small group formation.  In all honesty, the sharing and discussing of ideas in my small group has impacted me far more than the actual class has.  Kudos to you for recognizing this Jason, and for being mature enough in your relationship with the Lord to let Him lead your class in twenty "little" groups as opposed to you always leading us as one big group.  I am very grateful to you.
What can I say to/about my small group?  This has been the first small group I have been a part of as a Christian.  You all have impacted me in ways that I could never possibly convey to you even if I understood them all right now.  God has used you all to minister to me, chastize me, teach me, and surround me in a positive atmosphere.  How amazing is that? I am honoured to have gotten to know you all and look forward to spending eternity with you praising Him.
I pray that you always remember your zeal for the Lord as it is right now and that that zeal grows a thousand fold!!  
Love in Him who loved us first! (a favourite phrase from a favourite book ;)  )
Kate
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Great post.

    I'm thrilled that your first small group experience happened in my class. I pray that this will only be the beginning of a wild and amazing journey in other small groups.

    ReplyDelete